Cellulitis is a form of skin infection that often damages underlying tissues. It is bacterial in nature and the bruises it leaves behind can have far reaching impacts. It causes inflammation, swelling and redness.
- Injuries and surgical infections
- Skin diseases like psoriasis and eczema
- Attack of foreign particles
- Bone infections deep down.
It can show up anywhere on the entire body. Damaged skin invites such infections. If a burning sensation on the skin persists, you need to consult a doctor immediately. You need emergency care if the following are your symptoms:
- Persisting fever
- Spreading of Redness
- Unusual Pain
- Numbness when touched
Your doctor might want to know your medical history and other prevailing conditions. Additional procedures require:
- A blood test might be a necessity if the infection is assumed to reach your blood.
- An X-Ray is again a pre requisite if a foreign particle is suspected to be in your body.
- Fluid is drawn from the infected area and is sent to the laboratory.
The treatments in these cases can take up a very complex procedure. The healing may be time-consuming. But there is not much to worry about because medical science has progressed at a faster pace. The following are the steps to be inculcated in the healing process.
- The area needs to be rested thoroughly.
- Do take precautionary measures to cure and relieve discomfort.
- Pain killers can be used to remove the pain and keep your fever under control.
- Do not take the antibiotic if the infection is too harsh.
Read more: Cellulitis Treatment Tips
A follow up to the doctor is a must if the following symptoms persist. If not given proper care, this may take the shape of a nasty infection. The cure in such cases may seem difficult.
- Persisting redness of the affected area.
- Additional medical conditions
- The cellulitis spreading to larger areas and especially in the vicinity to your eyes.
- The conditions worsen after taking antibiotics.
- In rare cases, you might need a stay at the hospital.
The case of surgery
The severest of cases might need a surgery. But it is considered to be a minor surgery designed for your ultimate relies on. The doctor drains out the pus with a professional touch. The dead tissues which have a tingling effect are also removed. But such infections might relapse.
So, you need to be extra careful. Skin diseases like cellulitis spread very easily.
Prevention of Cellulitis
- Practice a good sense of hygiene.
- Wear covered of booted shoes.
- Do not loiter outside in a barefooted condition. Naked feet invites infection and causes inflammation
Do remember to consult a doctor in case of the following emergencies.
- You get to deal with a nasty animal bite or human bite.
- Wounds deeper than half an inch may be a reason to worry
- Bruising burns
- If you have a pre medical history of diabetes.
- Swelling prevails and the infection spreads to larger areas of the body.
- Redness does not heal.
Every disease can be cured if proper measures are taken. Cellulitisis no exception. I hope this article helps people dealing with cellulitisa great deal.